Who are Videoslots?
We were born in 2011 as a result of a handful of entrepreneurs who not only had a knack for entertaining others but also an affinity with the iGaming industry. They teamed up and went about building an industry leader, setting the bar to an all-new high. Now in just ten years we now offer over 5,000 games from over 150 different game providers and we’re set to keep on growing! Naturally, we can't do all of this as well as all the exciting things we have lined up for the years to follow without the living legends that make our business the success it is today.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for ensuring high level of compliance and operational risk control in accordance with the regulatory standards and policies. As a senior member of the legal team you will be a trusted point of contact for the team, acting as a guide and mentor whilst working closely with the Head of Legal and Compliance and the General Counsel, to support the overall strategy and objectives of the department. You will also lead and support key projects and initiatives and engage with and influence key internal and external stakeholders providing expert advice to support the strategic agenda.
Your main areas of responsibility will include:
- Regulatory risk: Researching and remaining abreast of developments in multi-national regulatory online gambling regimes and ensuring mitigation of potential risk and/or compliance with local laws and regulations
- Responsible Gambling: Developing and promoting compliant responsible gambling practices across the business
- General compliance: Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements by: keeping abreast of regulatory developments; systematically creating, updating, implementing, monitoring and enforcing policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals; providing effective advice, support and training across the business; managing regulatory reporting processes and liaising with authorities, and coordinating audits
- Licensing: Obtaining and maintaining gaming licenses in several countries by managing license applications and ensuring compliance with licence conditions and requirements
- AML: Ensuring compliance with multi-national anti-money laundering laws and sanctions and assisting with the reporting of suspicious transactions
- Customers: Updating, implementing, monitoring and enforcing compliant customer terms and conditions, and advising in relation to customer complaints and disputes
- Affiliates: Updating, implementing, monitoring and enforcing compliant affiliate terms and conditions, and advising in relation to affiliate complaints and disputes
- Suppliers: Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts with games and payment services providers and other suppliers and maintaining systematic contracts management
- Tax: Collaborating with the finance department to ensure timely and proper payment of gaming and other taxes across markets
- Corporate: Assisting with changes to the corporate structure and other corporate matters and affairs.
- IP: Ensuring content and brand protection by registration, maintenance and renewal of intellectual property rights and by assisting in any IP disputes that may arise from time to time, and developing and implementing a domain name strategy
- General: Dealing with a variety of topics related to the operations of the company, acting as a service provider to and working in close collaboration with stakeholders within the business, and managing external legal services, paper and electronic filing and administrative procedures
Who are you?
- An experienced Lawyer having worked in the gaming industry for a considerable amount of time
- You have sound knowledge of current laws, regulations, and common practices in compliance and able to provide training
- You are experienced with the MGA and UKGC is mandatory whilst experience with the Swedish, Danish, Spanish and Italian jurisdictions will be considered an advantage
- You are self-motivated able to take ownership in a dynamic environment with a positive, ‘can-do’ mindset
- You are organised and take pride in being quality oriented with a keen eye for detail and coming up with creative solutions
- You are approachable and an effective communicator able to communicate across all levels of the business and influence key internal and external stakeholders and provide expert advice to support the strategic agenda
- A solution seeker with an optimistic approach
- Enjoys working with people and building relationships
- Able to display a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Down to earth and a life-long learner
- A brand ambassador for the Videoslots team
What we offer:
Apart from our vibrant and sunny offices, and rock-star teams here is what we offer you:
- Private health insurance
- Birthday leave
- Additional marriage leave
- Additional paternity leave
- 5 days of your sick leave to care for your sick child
- 1 volunteer day
- Fexible start and finish times (except for teams who work shifts)
- Free transport home for late night shifts
- Refer a friend bonus
- Wellness allowance
- Professional development support
- Department team building activities
- Monthly get-togethers and activities
- Wednesday and Friday Breakfasts
- Daily fresh fruit, tea and coffee
- Party tickets and free beach club access
- Relocation package and assistance
- Company loyalty trip
- Free breakfast and lunch provided via our brand new penthouse kitchen
Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice here prior to clicking 'apply'